Thursday, August 11, 2011

Weeding Through the Generations




My thoughts have drifted to my front lily garden the past few days. The weeds overtook my garden in the top picture-there are beautiful lilies there! I need to find them again. In the picture on the bottom left, is an established garden of lilies that just needs cleaning up-it will take some time! Finally, in the picture on the right, on may be able to see that I've weeded and cut back and cleaned up my garden path! I know exactly what is there and now desperately need some pine straw to keep the weeds down.
I love analogies, and this one seems to fit: my garden is like my long arduous efforts in genealogy -family history-in which I search for my ancestors. Sometimes there is not enough information to prove the ancestor is mine (maybe too many weeds!) Sometimes I have the ancestor and I just need to get the rest of his or her information-marriage date, ALL the children etc. And finally, a garden of ancestors that I can see clearly and want to protect and provide a way that my family will bloom forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment