Monday, August 22, 2011

Robert R. Wayne in Kokomo, Indiana


Robert R. Wayne is my grandmother's 2nd husband.They are the second set of pictures in front of this house  in South Bend. She loved him very much and for the few years they were married -they were very happy! Pictured here in the first set of pictures is their lake house in Kokomo, Indiana and the car they drove. I wish I knew which lake- but I do not. The third set of pictures was his birthday in 1949( he is holding the cake!) and people from South Bend came to visit and obviously had a great time. I would love to know who they are, please post if you do. I do assume that they were some of his family.
Robert and Edith were married  64 years ago today! 21 August 1947 in North Canaan, Connecticutt
Robert R. Wayne was born: 4 Aug 1896 most likely in South Bend, IN, died:4 April 1951, South  Bend, IN
His parents were Herman G. Woyahn b. 27 Oct 1862  Wanatah, IN d. 16 June 1912 South Bend,IN
Minnie Joers b. 25 Jan 1869 Chicago, Cook, IL, died 20 July 1928 South Bend, IN
They are all buried in Riverview Cemetery in South Bend.
family names mentioned are : Claude Reed, a stepson
Mary Lou Downs, my mother, stepdaughter
Mrs. Noble Miller, his sister


No comments:

Post a Comment