Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Where Am I Going??

It is a unique question to some, I am referring to my earthly life and my profession. I earned a Master of Art of Teaching (MAT) from Brenau University last year. I am certified to teach Middle School Science, Math and Reading in Georgia. I have tried to be in the teaching profession for 10 years, culminating in my MAT and I have no certified job. I am peculiarly perplexed that as soon as I have my certification, the economy falls. Teachers in many counties are cut, or placed somewhere else. For me, they only needed 400 and there were 3000 applicants. Here were some people's suggestions: Why don't you get certified in other areas?, Go back and be certified for Elementary, or High School! Sigh...

I am perplexed. I have a job that makes sure we can keep our house, but loans? NO. Other extraneous credit card bills? NO. I did not go to school to ruin my credit, but that is what I did. I am teaching for a third or fourth of what I could earn, I do not do lesson plans though, I go from class to class all day and coteach. I love working with the students and most of the teachers. I am blessed, I have what I need. Where am I going???

No comments:

Post a Comment